Botanical Safety Consortium 2023 Annual Meeting held virtually on Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 9:00 – 3:30 (US Eastern). The meeting is free an open to all.
Meeting flyer can be downloaded here.
- Welcome & Meeting Objectives: Ms. Connie Mitchell, HESI
- Botanical Safety Consortium Introduction and Updates: Dr. Cynthia Rider, NIH
- Keynote Speaker #1: Drs. Barbara Steinhoff and Catherine Mahony, Pyrrolizidine alkaloids: Regulatory background in Europe and industry's initiatives
- Global Outreach: Herbal Drug Interaction Research in Malawi: Dr. KK Nyirenda and Dr. Dallas Smith
- Overview of select screening assays Introduction
- Genotoxicity: ToxTracker Assay: Dr. Stefan Pfuhler, P&G
- DART: DevTox Assay: Ms.Jessica Palmer, Stemina
- Cardiac E-phys and calcium measurements: Dr. Andre Monteiro Da Rocha,University of Michigan
- Neuro and DART: Zebrafish embryos: Dr. Lisa Truong, Oregon State University
- Overview of select screening assays Discussion
- Keynote Speaker #2: Dr. Tanja Grkovic, NCI Natural Products Branch, Developmental Therapeutics Program
- Discussion and Conclusions